Monday, March 2, 2009

*MoViEs, MoViEs, MoViEs*

*List of movies I have seen in theaters in the past six months and why I went to see them*
  • My Best Friend's Girl: It looked funny and my friends wanted to go see it.
  • Eagle Eye: I think Shia is a good actor and the movie looked really intriguing.
  • Nights in Rodanthe: I read the book, and I was curious to see what the movie was like.
  • Body of Lies: Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite actor, so I go to see whatever movie he is in.
  • Four Christmases: I love Christmas movies, and Vince Vaughn is hilarious.
  • Seven Pounds: It looked really interesting and mysterious.

*Microanalytical Functions of going to the movies that have impacted me*

  • Socialization
  • Linkage
  • Diversion
  • Stimulation
  • Relaxation
  • Emotional Release

*Comparing the Number of movies I have seen in the past six months in the theater with those I have seen at home*

I love watching movies at home on a regular basis. In the past six months I have probably watched over thirty of them at home. This is a much higher number than what I watched in the theater.

*What are the differences I expect from a movie as opposed to a drama or comedy show on t.v.?*

When I watch a movie I hope to forget everything else that is going on in my life. I like to pretend I am a character in the movie and that everything else around me just disappears. When I watch television it is usually just to pass time or to be entertained for a short amount of time. I would much rather watch a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment