Wednesday, March 25, 2009

*Am I iNvOlVeD*

I would describe myself as an active member in my community. I am active when it comes to helping out and doing volunteer work and contributing to activities on and off school's campus. When it comes to issues in politics in my community and as a whole in world politics, I would consider myself concerned and informed but not active. I do not know everything there is to know about politics, and I don't have a desire too. However, I think that what is happening around the country and around the world effects me and so I should have a basic concept of what is going on. I do not go to political rallies or engage in any political debates, nor do I consider myself an active citizen when it comes to politics. I vote in elections, and I try to stay current on what is happening. I watch the news everynight and try to read the newspaper or articles online whenever I can.
I think that the media contributes to my status a lot. If it were not for the media's coverage of political events and of news I would be unaware of what is going on. often times when I watch the news I feel like I am out of the loop and that leads me to want to know more and learn more about politics. The media is what stems my interest in politics and news. When I see a news story about political issues that I know nothing about, I want to learn more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment